POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stony ground with ant (218K) : Re: Stony ground with ant (218K) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:27:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stony ground with ant (218K)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 10 May 2010 04:13:36
Message: <4be7c030@news.povray.org>
On 05/06/2010 03:49 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Additionally, what you can use to good effect, is the prob() function.

   prob()??? ...I've never heard of that function. In fact, the only thing I
can find is prod(), which was also unknown to me, and can't see how would
use it here.

> Excellent image (as always).... I am finishing a desert scene which I
> shall show here soon. Much cruder textures however than your finely
> realistic ones

   I cheated greatly there... ;) there is only one texture for the stones,
which is a "procedularized" picture of a pebbles bed. I scaled it really
big, and translated it randomly for each pebble, making the finish also
random for each one.

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

http://www.ignorancia.org